Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Do Something Creative Everyday - Crochet Messy Bun/Ponytail Beanies



Happy Wednesday, everyone! Are you like me and you've come to realize that creating art is good therapy? There's no denying that our brains have the ability to relax and regroup when we're lost in an art project. Art can be anything that you take the time to sit down and create. Some people are quick to deny that they're artists, but I say that's just plain nonsense. If you've created something - anything - then you're an artist.

Lately, I've been on a crochet kick. When I spotted messy bun/ponytail hats on Facebook, I was intrigued enough to do a Google search. I found there's a ton of people making these functional, gorgeous accessories. I found a few patterns, but I wasn't quite satisfied with them, so I tweaked them and came up with these.




Like most crochet beanie-style hats, these don't use much yarn. I used Hobby Lobby's "Love this Yarn" because it's easy-care acrylic, super soft and economically priced (just 3.99 per skein). These hats take no time at all to make and are wonderful gifts. I've already made several and gave them to friends and family. 

So, what are you creating today? I'd love to know. Tell me in the comments below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment