Monday, April 8, 2013

No Bake Peanut Butter Bar Recipe


It's spring in North Texas and warmer days are here. I find myself wanting to put the oven on less often, but I still like making delicious sweet treats. Peanut butter mixed with chocolate is one of my favorite combinations, so when I found this no-bake recipe I just knew I'd have to make a batch. They take no time at all to prepare and they're so yummy!

Ingredients:
1 cup melted butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs, finely ground
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup (plus 4 tablespoons) peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

Directions: 
Mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and 1 cup peanut butter in a medium bowl. Blend well. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan - or a smaller pan if you want thicker bars. Melt the chocolate chips and the 4 tablespoons of peanut butter in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Be sure to stir well after every 30 seconds. Spread the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate at least one hour before cutting into individual bars.

Tips:
Use either crunchy or creamy peanut butter.
Sprinkle crushed toffee candy over the melted chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment