Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Book Review of Berkley, A Nose Tale by David Hillman


 Berkley, A Nose Tale by [Hillman, David]

Berkley is a Basset Hound who has an unusually big nose. His oversized honker often gets him in trouble wherever he goes. He’s fond of garbage cans, skunks and honey – the last causing him a great deal of pain when a hoard of angry bees chases him off. But his favorite of all is sniffing Jeremy’s stinky socks. Berkley’s sniffer finally comes in handy one day when Jeremy’s friend Becky needs an important favor. Berkley saves the day!

This is an adorable story. Somehow, it reminded me slightly of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, but maybe that was just me spinning the story in my mind. In any event, Berkley, A Nose Tale works well. It’s cute, funny and teaches children a charming lesson.

The illustrations are fantastic. They’re colorful, expressive and detailed. Combined with the storyline, I’d have to say that this book is definitely worth the download. Kudos to Mr. Hillman. I’ll be recommending this book to friends and family!

5 Stars, Susan Barton, DIY Mom Blog

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review! FYI. I'm currently working on Berkley 2, entitled Berkley A Schonz Full of Sniffles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are VERY welcome! I loved your book, and I'll gladly read and review the next one. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete