Tuesday, May 22, 2018

DIY Mom Blog Book Review of Edelaine's Folly: Book One of the Idoramin Chronicles by Morigan Shaw

Cali is a resourceful, clever girl who lives a carefree farm life in Edelaine with her loving parents Bethal and Erwin. Everything changes when a yet unknown evil unexpectedly swoops in and leaves death and destruction in its wake.

Cali is understandably devastated, but she quickly finds there’s no time to dwell on her losses. She jumps into action and claims her destiny and the family legacy she never knew she had.





Edelaine’s Folly,Book One is a wonderful, action-packed adventure for youngsters as well as adults. I was initially drawn to this book because of the gorgeous, colorful cover and I’m glad I decided to download it. 

The book started ever so slightly slow and I wondered where the author was planning to take the story. However, I realized that this was her way of laying the groundwork for what was to come. I feel it was a clever way to fully introduce readers to the character of Cali and the land of Edelaine. 

As I’ve said many times before in my book reviews, I LOVE books that place female characters in strong, important roles and Edelaine’s Folly definitely does this. This series is an excellent way to encourage young girls to begin reading fantasy books. Although the main protagonist is female, I genuinely feel that boys will enjoy reading this book as well. There’s plenty of action, adventure and strong supporting male characters here too.

This is definitely a series worth getting into and I intend to continue reading on! 

5 of 5 Stars, Susan Barton, DIY Mom Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment