Thursday, March 1, 2018

Get Started with Container Gardening - How to Window Box by Chantal Gordon and Ryan Benoit Shows You How!


I have a confession. I love gardening. Well, I love the idea of gardening. I've gardened in the past, but quickly became overwhelmed with the process. Container gardening is so much more manageable. When I received a copy of How to Window Box I was thrilled. This was my way to garden!




According to the book’s back cover, How to Window Box tells readers how to “Cultivate a few square feet of green no matter where you live.” And that’s exactly what this lovely hardcover book does.

How to Window Box is compact – just under 6 x 9 – and less than 180 pages, but it’s packed with a ton of gardening tips, tricks and know-how. After a generous and informational introduction, the authors address sixteen different types of window gardens to help readers choose the perfect garden for their individual gardening lifestyle: 
  • Sand Box
  • Herb Garden
  • Tiny Island
  • Sunny Succulents
  • Ice Box
  • Detox Box 
  • Danglers
  • Rain Forest
  • Edible Petals
  • Jungle Box
  • Salad Bar
  • Flower Stand
  • Woodlands
  • Beach Dune
  • Southern Belle
  • Window Bog

There are many awesome window gardens to choose from, readers are sure to find the perfect garden inspiration.


Each garden type includes advice on choosing the appropriate plants, sun requirements, planting and watering and more. The accompanying photos provide wonderful visual instructions. The photos of finished window boxes are wonderfully motivating. I can’t wait to try my hand at creating some of these beautiful garden boxes.

I love to garden, but large gardens intimidate me. Creating a window box with the help of this book is just what I need to motivate me.

I highly recommend this book for anyone who might be looking for a unique take on container gardening. Thanks to the publisher and Blogging for Books for providing a complimentary copy of this book.

5 of 5 Stars, Review by Susan Barton, DIY Mom Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment