Monday, February 19, 2018

Book Review of Zen Camera by David Ulrich

I LOVE photography and I love photography books. I'm always looking for new ways to improve my photography skills, so when I had the opportunity to review David Ulrich's new book Zen Camera I grabbed it. I was not at all disappointed. This is a gorgeous book, filled with tons of great photography advice!



As the book’s subtitle states, Zen Camera by David Ulrich is a creative awakening with a daily practice in photography. It’s meant to inspire photographers to see creatively and to live authentically.

Zen Camera begins with an introduction, and a chapter on the basic principles and methods of photography. From there, the book is divided into six separate and distinct lessons to include:

  • Observation
  • Awareness
  • Identity
  • Practice
  • Mastery
  • Presence

A chapter titled Photography and Awakening, the Terrors and Pleasures of Digital Life is included at the end of the lessons and addresses photography in the 21st century.

This book is filled with tons of expert information to enable photographers to begin their own Zen photography journey. There aren’t as many photos as I’m used to with photography books, but the photos that are here are certainly stunning. I don’t think the sparse amount of photos takes away from the value of the book, however.

The quality of this book is wonderful. The pages are glossy and the hard cover is sturdy, which makes this a great book to display on a coffee table. I’d recommend it to anyone who’d like a new perspective on photography. Thanks to the publisher and Blogging for Books for a complimentary copy.


5 of 5 Stars, Susan Barton, DIY Mom Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment