Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Scrapghan Lapghan Makes a Great Last Minute Holiday Gift!

If you do a lot of crocheting like me then I'm sure you have tons of bits and leftover pieces of yarn. I knew I could make a bunch of granny square potholders or coasters with those bits and pieces, but I wanted to do something a little different. Could I take all of those little mismatched balls of yarn and turn them into one big something that would pack a crochet punch of color? The answer is YES. I could and I did. 



After searching around online I found several "scrapghan" how-tos as motivation. Using two strands of yarn and a half double crochet stitch throughout, I set to work. When I ran out of yarn I simply tied my working yarn to a new piece using a square knot. Then I made sure I tucked the tails into my work as I crocheted in order to hide them. Simple!


The result was a generous sized lapghan that's colorful and toasty warm. I originally wanted to make this scrapghan just to see how easy it was. It was so awesomely simple to do, and the results were so gorgeous, now I want to make more. It only took me a few hours (working intermittently over two days), so these would make excellent gifts for the holidays or anytime!


I just might have to make a trip to my local thrift store to grab up some of those bags of yarn odds and ends to make a few more scrpaghans for gift giving ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment