Sunday, December 3, 2017

Magician's Mayhem by R. S. Mollison-Read is a Wonderfully Exciting and Magical First Book in the Elden Forest Series - FREE BOOK!

By now, readers will know that I LOVE children's books. So when I saw that Magician's Mayhem by R. S. Mollison-Read is currently FREE on Amazon I knew I had to grab it. What a wonderful children's book this is! Below is my book review. I encourage readers to grab this one to enjoy with their children or to read themselves!




Magician’s Mayhem is the story of Tobin and Darcie’s quest to find out who is responsible for causing so much destruction and mayhem in Elden Forest. Tobin is trying to get to the bottom of what caused the destructive explosion in his backyard and Darcie is searching for her missing magician grandmother. The two embark on a journey filled with magical and sometimes dangerous events.

This book throws the reader into the action at the very start. I was immediately interested in the characters and the story’s plot. It’s a non-stop tale of magic, intrigue and surprising adventure. I liked Tobin and Darcie’s characters and found myself rooting for them.

The author’s writing is wonderfully intelligent and engaging. One thing I’d note is that the vocabulary might be a bit challenging for younger readers – the book states that it’s geared toward 8 – 14 year olds, but I feel the younger crowd might struggle with some of the words used.


This is the first book in a series and it’s a great introduction to Tobin and Darcie’s stories. I especially appreciated that there’s no cliffhanger here. There’s a clear resolution to the Magician’s Mayhem story. Yet there’s a promise of a second compelling book in the form of a generous excerpt at the end of this book. Magician’s Mastery Book 2 is the second installment in the Elden Forest series and, judging from Chapter 1, this looks like a fantastic continuation. I know I’d read it! 

5 of 5 Stars, Review by Susan Barton for DIY Mom Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment