Saturday, August 5, 2017

Much to Do Before a Dog by Danny and Sheridan Blitz is an Awesome and Valuable Book for Children!

I recently spotted this book on Amazon and knew I had to grab it. Wow! I was NOT disappointed. I can highly recommend giving this a read. Below is my book review. 




The unique and adorable illustrations in this book caught my attention. Then, when I read that it’s based on a true story, I knew I had to grab it.

Koda is a little girl, who tells readers that, by the time she was five, she knew she was a dog whisperer. Koda wanted a dog and in order to convince her mom she learns how to relate to just about every dog she meets. When Koda finally gets the courage to ask her mom if she can have a dog, mother and daughter sit down to have a heart-to-heart talk about the responsibilities of owning pets.

Wow! I LOVED this book! There are so many wonderful things going on in this book – fantastic and eye-catching illustrations, a lovable main character, a patient and kind parent, the importance of adopting shelter animals and a truly valuable lesson for children.

As a mom, grandmother and early childhood educator, I can say that Much to Do Before a Dog is an excellent, educational book for children. In my opinion, this book will appeal to both boys and girls, as well as a wide variety of age groups. A wonderful read!

5 of 5 Stars, Review by Susan Barton, DIY Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment