Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman is a Valuable Book of Patterns for Crocheters



I had this book on my Wish List for a while and I finally decided to go ahead and purchase it. I’m glad I did! This book contains 144 patterns for making a variety of crocheted motif shapes, which include:

  • Circles
  • Hexagons
  • Triangles
  • Squares
  • Unusual Shapes 

The book is beautifully illustrated. The full-color photos demonstrate how each motif should look when finished. The patterns are easy to follow, even for the novice crocheter. The glossary of basic crochet stitches is invaluable for anyone learning or brushing up on their crochet skills.

I’m sure crafters will find tons of uses for these motifs. Potholders, blankets, clothing accessories and home décor items come to mind. I do a lot of art journaling and purchasing these kinds of motifs to include in my pages can get expensive. Making your own art journal embellishments is much more economical and can be easily coordinated to a page. I’m even planning to attach some to my canvas art.

At just 12.84, this book is an excellent value. The spiral binding makes it convenient when following patterns. Highly recommended!


5 of 5 Stars, Review by Susan Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment