Friday, February 19, 2016

If I Were a Rainbow by Sally Huss Really is a Happy Book!



If I Were a Rainbow is another charming and uplifting children's book from Sally Huss. I love the variety of ways Ms. Huss is able to convey her positive messages in her books. She uses simple, yet descriptive prose that even the youngest child will surely appreciate. The illustrations are absolutely adorable!

© 2016 Sally Huss

In my experience, children particularly enjoy books that repeat a certain word or phrase. Studies have shown that repetition can actually help children learn. "If I Were..." is used throughout this book and storytellers can take full advantage of this repetitive phrase.

© 2016 Sally Huss

"If I Were a Rainbow" would make an excellent circle time, library story time or bedtime book that children will ask for over and over again. Wonderful!

© 2016 Sally Huss

5 of 5 Stars, Review by Susan Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment