Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mouthwatering Whole Wheat Prune Muffins Recipe

Whole Wheat Prune Muffin Recipe Photo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My friend Glenn is an unconventional guy. He entertains me with some pretty unique, interesting methods of doing just about anything. When he sent me his tried and true, neverfail, scrumptious, mouthwatering, whole wheat and prune muffin recipes I just had to share the recipe with my DIYMom followers. Below, is Glenn's world famous muffin recipe along with some typical Glenn-style narrative. I hope you enjoy it! *I'm not sure what numbers 1 and 2 were, but I'm sure the 3rd recipe was the charm.

 

Mouthwatering Whole Wheat
Prune Muffins #3:


Don't Say They're Prune Muffins 'Til After Every Muffin Is Eaten.
The secret here is NOT to tell your sisters, brothers or parents what's in these muffins. Tell them after they scarf them down. After that they won't say "eeuuuuwww! Prune Muffins?" All you'll hear them say is, "Make some more of those."

Another piece of advice. Don't ever dye Prune Muffins Green. My Grandfather came over to our house on St. Patrick's Day for dinner. I tried to impress him with Green Prune Muffins. Not a good idea. The yellow-brown whole wheat flower and the green food coloring turned the muffins a bruised color (black and blue). The dark bits of prune made the whole effect even worse! My Grandfather talked about those muffins for years.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup warm honey
1 beaten egg
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt (optional) I don't use it
3/4 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt

(In a pinch you can mix up 3/4 cup of dry milk with water and squirt in 1 ta- blespoon of lemon juice -- This reacts with the soda and makes the batter rise)
1/2 cup finely chopped prunes

1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Grease 12 muffin tins
3. Chop up pitted prunes -- cut each prune into eight pieces or more 4. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
5. Then thoroughly mix 1 teaspoon of soda with dry ingredients
6. Pour wet ingredients in with dry and mix with large spoon until combined Don't beat mixture. Just mix until no dry spots are left.
7. Immediately Spoon into greased muffin tins
8. Bake in oven for about 25 minutes. Tops of muffins will get brown when done.


*Find out more information on Glenn's Ghost Mind Muffin System here.

No comments:

Post a Comment