Thursday, October 27, 2011

Handcrafted Primitive Wood Sign Stencil Tutorial


I decided to make a stencil tutorial to show how easy it is to take a plain pine board and turn it into a handcrafted primitive wood sign.

Since it seems to be nearly impossible to upload videos to Blogger, if you click: here, you can watch the tutorial. I've given some time-saving tips.

Keep in mind that it's possible to purchase stencils with full words and sayings, but they're usually expensive. I use basic lettering stencils; whatever I can find and wherever I can find them.

This particular wood board cost me less than $4 at my local Lowes. I painted it lightly with some ordinary white house paint. I used acrylic craft paint for the stenciling.


In my next tutorial I'll be showing how to distress and stain the board to make it look antique and primitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment