Friday, July 15, 2016

Fun With Junk Journaling

Have you heard about junk journaling (also known as junk mail journaling). Journal enthusiasts having been having fun turning junk mail into art for a while, but I only just heard about it a few months ago. I'm telling you, once you get started you're going to be hooked! And...I promise you'll never look at a piece of junk mail the same again. In fact, I guarantee you'll be positively giddy to see your mail carrier coming to your door.

Below are just a couple of very humble examples of what I've done so far. Aside from the advertisements I get in the mail, I've found uses for all sorts of things I'd otherwise throw in the trash. It's a great way to recycle!

You know those medical pamphlets you see in doctor and dentist offices? They make excellent mini journals. A coat of paint, some embellishments and you've got a work of art.

I've also discovered toilet paper roll journals. Who would have thought paper towel and toilet paper rolls could be transformed into something other than kids crafts? The mini-tag inserts are even recycled, since I reused an old mailing envelope.

There's a whole world out there devoted to junk mail artists and they love trading and collecting. I've recently joined the International Union of Mail Artists (IUOMA) but still have to post some of my creations.

Let me know if you're a junk mail artist. I'd love to see your artwork! Trading is always an option too :)

Medical Pamphlet Into Journal Inside View
Medical Pamphlet Into Journal




Toilet Paper Roll Journal


Toilet Paper Roll Journal Tag Inserts

No comments:

Post a Comment