Thursday, October 27, 2011

Floating Open Shelves Idea



 When we moved into our house the kitchen had very little storage space. I decided to create a wall of floating shelves for utility purposes and to showcase some of my kitchen collectibles.

I LOVE using inexpensive pine boards as shelving. For very little money, between $3 and $5 per board, plus some corner brackets (also inexpensive) you can add a really nice decorative wall to your kitchen decor. Our kitchen is still a work in progress (hence the light fixture wiring hanging from the ceiling), but I just wanted to show that you can make a pretty big impact without spending a lot of money. Click -here- to see the brief video I made that shows and explains what I've done. You can also get a look at the creepy clown cookie jar that haunts our kitchen. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment